About Hilltop Orchards
Awesome 20-Miles Views of the Berkshires!
"...arguably the coziest place to cross country ski in the Berkshires..." Chris Newbound Berkshire Magazine
Hilltop Orchards – a 200 acre property which is home to one of the regions' largest apple orchards and the Berkshire's First Farm Winery -- has a Nordic Ski Center. Trails are groomed within the orchard for both classic and skating-style skiing and snowshoeing - great for beginners and intermediates. The 4 miles of wooded country trails will challenge more experienced skiers.
John Morton, pictured here with owner John Vittori at Hilltop Orchards, is a seven-time participant in the Winter Olympics as an athlete, coach and leader of the U.S. Biathlon Team.
Hilltop Orchards hired this awarded trail desinger to combine unique trails through the orchards and adjoining woods. The results 4 miles of groomed trails on 200 acres.
John Morton was chosen to design trails at the Nordic Heritage Center in Presque Isle, Maine - the site of the upcoming Junior Olympics.
Hilltop Orchards welcomes skiers and non-skiers alike:
- Ski on groomed and tracked trails including skating and snowshoe
- Cross country ski and snowshoe rentals
- Warm up by the stone fireplace, relax on leather couches
- FREE tasting of Furnace Brook Wine
- The Farm Winery Store features hot cider/hot cocoa, fresh baked goods and cheeses
- $15 trail fees, $12 for 12 and under, season passes $60
- Open Daily 9am-5pm
- Guests of the owner’s Garden Gables Inn in Lenox ski FREE throughout the season (not including any equipment rentals), see Getaway Packages at www.gardengablesinn.com for details.
The scenic 20-mile views into the southern Berkshires are breathtaking and the woodlandtrails are a delight for more adventurous skiers. Call ahead and check this web site for daily updates of snow conditions.
Trails Fees: $15 for adults $12 children 12 and under. $1 off for seniors (no charge for guests of our Garden Gables Inn) - a season pass is $125 for adults and $75 for children 12 and under. Half days start at 2pm and are $12 for adults and $10 for children.
Guided Full Moon Snowshoe and bonfire: $10 for adults (these night time treks are for adults 21 and over please). Snowshoe rental package: $25.
Equipment: We have snowshoe rentals on-site for $20 and new Rossignol cross country skis available to rent for $20.
Seasons Pass: $125 for adults and $75 for children 12 and under.
Hilltop Orchards welcomes skiers and non-skiers alike, the Barrel Room has comfy leather couches, a huge natural stone fireplace and LCD/ TV. Warm up with some hot chocolate or cider after you ski or just relax by the fire with a glass of wine.
Less than 10 miles from downtown Lenox and less than 5 miles from Hancock Shaker Village, 1 mile west on Rt 295 from the junction of MA-41.
- Taconic Pkwy to Exit for Rt 295 in Chatham, turn right onto Rt 295 and follow east for 10.7 miles
- NY Thruway, Exit 21A to I-90/Mass Pike East to Exit for B3/Rt 22 towards Austerlitz for 2.7 miles then right onto Rt 295 for about 2 miles
Mass Pike west Exit B3/Rt 22 (follow above)
For Further Information:
Phone: (800) 833-6274
Web site: www.HilltopOrchards.com
508 Canaan Rd / Rt 295
Richmond, MA 01254